Consultation & Treatment 60 minutes £45.00 – Book an IHM appointment
Depending on how long the problem has been with you will reflect on how long it will take to ease
Practised for over a thousand years in India, this is an invigorating, deep massage focusing on the shoulders, upper arms, neck scalp, head and face.
Brilliant for those who spend hours hunched over computers, really gets into those tight, aching muscles! This massage is done with the client seated.
The massage is adapted to he client`s physiological and psychological needs. These are determined during the client consultation and are termed the objectives of the treatment.
- Relief of headaches
- Relief of tension and pain in neck, head and shoulders
- Increased oxygen intake to muscles
- Balancing the body’s energy centres/chakras
- Alleviating depression and mental fatigue
- Sense of calm, peace and tranquillity
Children under the age of 16 should have consent from a parent or guardian prior to any appointment.
- Local Contraindications: treatments cannot be performed over contraindicated areas.
- Medical Contraindications: please seek medical advice prior to booking. In circumstances where medical permission cannot be obtained, clients must give their informed consent in writing.
- Total Contraindications: prohibit a treatment from taking place.
- Skin Conditions (Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis)
- Check any condition that is already being treated by a GP or another practitioner.
- Cardiovascular Conditions (Thrombosis, Phlebitis, Hypertension, Hypotension, Angina, Pacemakers)
- Medical Oedema
- Recent Operations
- Dysfunction of the Nervous System (Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease)
- Trapped/Pinched nerve (e.g. sciatica)
- Inflamed Nerve
- Slipped Disc
- Acute Rheumatism
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Contagious or infectious diseases, scalp infections
- Dysfunction of Nervous System (Meningitis, Inflammation of the Brain)
- Head lice
- Sycosis Barbae
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Cervical spondylitis
- Anaphylaxi, Vertigo, Adhesive capsulitis
- Bells Palsy
- Migraine, Earache
- Recent Head or Neck Injury
- Severe Bruising in Treatment Area
- Recent Haemorrhage (especially Brain)
- Arthritis/Osteoporosis in Treatment Area
- After an Indian Head Massage appointment it is advisable to go home and relax. This ensures maximum benefit from the treatment.
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid caffeine or alcohol
- Maintain a healthy diet
Following Indian Head Massage, you may experience a number of symptoms or side effects. These differ from person to person and are all positive signs of the the body bringing itself back into balance.
These may include:
- Needing to sleep or rest
- Feeling emotional
- Increased Urination
- Temporary Flu-Like Symptoms
FHT and Professional Reflexology registered member and approved RLD practitioner. I offer a respectful, supportive and confidential service.